Sunday, January 11, 2015

SKINTERVENTION GUIDE: PURELY PALEO SKINCARE






Skintervention Guide: Purely Paleo Skin Care
Skintervention Guide: Purely Paleo Skin Care




Okay, let’s have a really quick overview, just so that you have an idea of what you get from Skintervention. Basically, this book is divided into three main parts.  You havePart One, which is Nutrition, Part Two which is Digestion, and Part Three, Body and Skin care. Actually, there is kind of like a bonus part, so to speak, which is the last one, Extra Knowledge.
Now, I, myself, am a strong believer in the “natural ways”.  Tried and tested, it is fair to say that beauty begins from within, and I don’t mean your personality. I am talking about what goes in your mouth, yes, your diet. And it is the same for your health. So, this Purely Paleo Skincare guide was instantly appealing.
Coming to be almost 200 pages, 187 to be exact, I was first a tad bit, well, I wouldn’t exactly say overwhelmed, but you could say that it was a mixture of wonder and dread at the same time. It is after all a rather massive guide that could swing more than two ways- tons of great information but in a really boring tone, a lot of useless crap that I would never really try myself cleverly covered up in wit and whatnot.
Basically it could be a total waste of time or total life changer. When I finally did take the plunge, I was pleasantly surprised to find the latter.
So what made this so great? Don’t worry, unlike the book, I will try my best to keep this review short and sweet while still giving you the info that you need to and want to know before getting a copy of your own (or to help you make the decision if you should or shouldn’t that is.)
Unbiased, here is the mostly good, somewhat bad, and maybe even a tiny bit ugly of Skintervention. A RAW and REAL REVIEW!!!

My take on PART ONE, Nutrition

As in all the three main parts, what I really like about each is that they all start you off with “The Basics”. Not only will this serve as an introduction of sorts, but it will actually help you understand the more detailed areas later on. I believe it is always best to begin with the basics, and this is exactly what Liz Wolfe has done.
The first part, NUTRITION, pretty much covers, well, nutrition, so what your body needs in terms of protein, carbs, fats, and the like. Sounds just like any other guide right? But what makes Skintervention stand out is it is very detailed and informative, but not in a scientific in-english-please!!! kind of way.
I personally love how a lot of areas give you information in an FAQ manner with questions that I would actually ask, such as, and I have copied this right out of the book:

“What if I have a “cheat” or a “treat?”

And believe me when I say that I even liked if not loved the answer more.
Plus, there are neat charts that make looking up information much easier and faster. Charts that cover nutrition and it sources, notes, to even ones that help you plan meals.
A quick look into the book... I  love that it's really pretty too... :)
A quick look into the book… I love that it’s really pretty too… :)

As For Part Two…

Okay, unlike most, if not all the guides that I have read or even tried, Skintervention actually focuses on DIGESTION, which plays a huge, HUGE role in all of this. I absolutely love how Liz dedicated a whole part just for digestion. Being a natural health junkie of sorts myself, I thought that I would merely skim though this part, but lo and behold, when I actually got to it, there was quite a lot I didn’t know, and plan to just peruse was automatically ditched as I found myself rather engrossed instead.
This part has great tips and great info too, I just wish that like the first part it had some charts or the like to make finding info much easier, especially when you want to go back to it a second, third, fourth time around.

And Finally Part Three

I must say that even though I really do love the entire guide, part three is my absolute favorite,  Body and Skin care ,especially because, just like me, Liz focuses on natural and organic skin products- Even better, ones that you can find at your home, as I like to call them “Kitchen Concoctions” or “Cupboard creations”.  
What I absolutely applaud about this part is the “levels”. I could explain myself, but I figured it would be easier for you to see it and read it yourself. Again, straight from the book:
Level 1: Simply Beautiful. These are nourishing basics. They’re cheap, easy and simple.
Level 2: Added Boost. These are “extras” that are easy to incorporate, like special balms and basic homemade toners.
Level 3: Total Nourishment. These are the “gourmet” options that make use of traditionally cherished ingredients like nourishing oils, clays, and treatments.
So it is nice to see that you have choices.
Part three is great, but it would have been a million times better if there were more recipes to try out. ( I can never seem to get enough of those!)
LIZ is LIVING PROOF!
LIZ is LIVING PROOF!

All in All…

Skinervention, although at the beginning seemed massive, when you’re done with it, you actually realize that you wish there was even more.  This guide is full of information, tips, steps, advice- basically what you really want in a skin care guide.
Putting the emphasis on GUIDE, probably the best thing about Skintervention is that although it may be strict to a certain degree, it’s not like any of those cookie cutter kinds that you have to follow step by every single step. It gives you options and, as I like to say, “wiggle room”. So at the end of the day, Skintervention does direct you to better skin (hair, nail, and all around beauty and health, too) but you get to choose which path you wanna take and how you wanna take it to get there.
Keep it up, and believe me, you will.

“You don’t have to be PERFECT, just try.”

-Liz Wolfe




No comments:

Post a Comment